TeamFATBOY

Another Devcon Question!

I think Nathan is probably right. Devcon usually is hard enough to handle in 5-6 hrs and ready to fish in 24. If it doesn't cure properly due to unequal measuring or insufficient mixing, you can fix it by applying another coat of Devcon over the top. It will cure and cause the sticky layer to cure also.

I just thought by being a 30 min. epoxy that it should be curing a little faster.

Don't buy the quick cure kind except for specific tasks (I have only found one or two in luremaking). Get the kind that is labeled with 30 minute "working" time and 2 hour "handling" time. Even then you should not try to handle it in 2 hours.

The 2 hour handling time is based upon someone who uses the glue for the designated purpose.......as a glue. We are using it for something else, and don't try to touch for about five or six hours, maybe longer.

If you have the right kind of D2T, then what the others have said is definitely correct. If you still have problems mixing the pools in the correct proportions, then try scraping some off to the side to make them equal.

If that doesn't work, then switch topcoats. Or try to wipe the sticky coat with isopropyl alchohol and put on another thin coat.