heavycover

I need copper buzz bait blades

heavycover, I may be able to help you out. If you let me know what you want, sizes and quantities, I can have them priced up for you. I will tell you one thing even with the coating on the copper, they will turn brown then black then green, and squeal like a pig in the water. PM me and we can discuss this further.

Hello! Hey Cadman, I too would be interested in a few large 3/8 or 1/2 oz size. I have been looking for those blades for years. I even tried making them but with VERY little success. You were right about the color changing - but THAT SQUEEEEL! I used them with a stainless rivet and even on a long cast those baits came up just singing, they were that loud...I had 5 of them, and remember I bought them as whole buzzbaits from some little bait shop in Astor,FL about '75 and they sat around for several years. When I started making my own buzzbaits I whacked the blade off of them and used them with my set-up. Wow !! Those 5 blades made me some good money in a few night tournaments !! I would love to find a few more. They were the standard wire through delta blades in 3/8 size. Great blades.

Dave

To all interested in copper blades. First of all, this is the info I have so far. All copper blades are pure copper, they will not be coated to prevent tarnishing or oxidation, which will definitely happen. This is a good thing because the more it tarnishes, the more it squeals. Secondly these blades will have to be made out of full hard copper for longevity. Soft copper will bend like a piece of aluminum foil. With this said, I would need 2 pefectly good blades you want to reproduce. One to flatten, and one to use as a proto type. From there I will get prices. I can not promise any one that these will be competitive to store bought brands. Also depends on the blades, if they are stamped, it may be too cost prohibitve to tool, for small quantities. So I'll stop this post here. If you want to know more about this PM me, and we can discuss further if you like.........Ted

Thanks to everyone's responses. I have a call in to Bubba Jack's and will get a few of theirs to try out. The blades that Lunker Lure uses are a "copper color" but dont appear to be real copper whis is what I really want. The base metal looks like aluminum. I know the coating is not real copper because there is no lacquer and I've had some for years with no tarnishing. I am still researching that and will report back when I get it figured out.