jrmeade77

Shakey Head Hooks

Curious what type of hooks folks are using out there. I've heard the VMC 9131 is a good choice (but impossible to find). Also been looking at the Mustad 91711NPBLN and 91750D. I'd like to use a long shank 90 hook of good strength. I use a 1/0 Mustad Needle Point in my peanut jig mold with great success. If only I could find a hook of comparable strength and price (but long shank). What are you using? Does anyone know what the major manufactures are using (size, brand, materials)? It seems difficult to find the right hook.

Thanks.

Jason

No its a do-it-mold that I grinded on to accept the hich hicker. I hook the hich hicker on the hook and lay it in the mold and then pour in the lead. I first used this to make these jigs and then the lights went on and I changed the ball jig.jigs.jpg

I will get some pics of my mold and get them on here. I basically took my dremel and created a pocket between the ball and the hook in which I place the hich hicker. Then I just made a little crevices for the wire to come out of the ball cavity. Pretty simple when you see the pic.

TCCustom

Looking forward to some pictures of your molds. I'm a copy cat, not enough brains to figure it out by myself.:( Hope you don't mind. I've been a member for a while, but have not used the site very much. Look's like I'm going to use it a lot more. I'm also trying my luck in making some crankbaits. So any help you gentlemen can offer me would be well appriecated.:)

thomas

This isn't my molds but same type of style and grinding.

100_0343-1.jpg

Just be careful and not grind the big cavity for the Hich Hicker up to the ball cavity. you want to go slow and take your time. once you get the cavity for the spring you can make a little grove for the wire going into the ball cavity.

TCCustom