bassfanpa

Cotton Cordell Blue Striper

I have a question for all of the gurus. Have any of you ever played with this bait? I believe it is a local thing, but some of us here in Pa think this is the best lure out there. I have had many of these baits, and have tweaked a few myself, but was hoping someone out there could give me the "goods" on this bait. Any help?

Bassfanpa,

I got a cordell on ebay i did... put a baby bass pattern on it.. its selling right now.. I put 3D lucky craft eyes on it and really tricked it out.. go to ebay and check it out ..the listing is funny too.. The listing is for a customers friend he wanted me make him look like a legend.."BASSMASTER BRUCE" Cotton Cordell.. Just go to ebay and you can look at it..

Cordells' Blue Striper is a fine bait at certain times of the year, Bill Capwell(Angler's Paradise and Marine) keyed me into this bait about 5 years ago kinda like a gliding topwater, Smallies will come up from 30 feet to smack the crap outta that thing, you are right about it being a regional phenom. Not many know of how well it performs outside of PA. You can get them from time to time on ebay, I have also seen them at local fisherman's flea market. I have never tinkered with them other than to change out the hooks and bend the line tie up towards the top of the bait

Hey guys I live in Huntingdon five mins from raystown Kind of a rookie when it comes to stripper fishin due too I hate trolling but the lure you speak of is legendary you drill and put lead in it too keep it down and wow you need salt gear the way the smallys and strippers  hammer that bad boy I know it’s been a few years since this post was up but I’ve been looking for them they are very hard to find it don’t really even matter the color or size truly it’s just the way they roll in the water is great tight lines guys 

• Like 1