mnflyfisher

Hook Covers? Surgical Tubing?

Hobby Lobby sells a hollow plastic tubbing that is used to make children's beaded necklaces. It comes in about a 50 foot roll and works perfect on treble hook sizes 2-8. Sells for about $2-$3 per pack. Get the clear because I think the color of the others might bleed. The product quality isn't perfect and some inside diameters are a little larger or smaller that others but it still works fine. One roll will cover 500+ treble hooks. Find it in the kids craft section, rolls are carded and on a peg.

An Old Guy I Know Used The Grey Rubber From Window Screens On Large Hooks 2/0 -- 6/0... But You Haven't Known Pain Until You Have Run A 6/0 4x Vmc All The Way Through Two Fingers Then Pulled Them Back Out With A Pair Of Rusty Pliers... Its A Little Like Having A 15 Pound Striper Slip Out Of Your Grasp Then Hook Your Other Hand Then Flop Around Like Crazy For A While... I Think Ill Go Back To Tubing. Sometimes The Learning Curve Can Be Painful. In Santa Barbara Ca. Theres A Tatoo/ Piercing Parlor Next Door To The Tackle Shop And Ive Offered To Supply Hooks To Some Of The Folks Who Want To Look Tough. So Far No Takers, I Also Point Out The Numeriously Pierced Guys To Young Fishermen And Say ' See Kids Thats Why You Don't Run With A Tackle Box'..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!