lowfi

how do you sign baits?

Guys, I have to say that if you have a design that you don't want to write or can't write using a pen, the waterslide decal is a great alternative. You can literally use any logo or design you can create on your computer, size it to what you need, print it on the "clear" waterslide paper and it works great. Just remember that you need to put the decal over a light colored background or it won't be very visible.

If you use a solvent based pen like a Sharpie it will run if covered by a clearcoat containing solvent. I use acrylic paint and a cheap ultra fine point caligraphy pen. Still looks like child scribbling but at least it's small! Using an engraver to sign the lip is a neat idea and looks great but I haven't tried it.

Well I haven't settled on anything for myself yet, but I thought I throw out a couple more resources:

Someone mentioned a long time ago, in a forum far, far away, that Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph technical pens were great to sign with.

For water slide decal methods techniques etc. check out this place. If you have them print them it would be like .30-.40 for a single color which may be pricey, but they're the best place i've found to learn, plus they sell supplies like minature squeegees, waterslide setting solution, etc. etc.

https://www.decalconnection.com/index.html

Speaking of ink, I use Createx black acrylic. Wonder why black is the least likely color to clog your airbrush? It's pigment is something like carbon black which is naturally microscopic. What the heck, had it on hand anyway, besides I use it the last thing on a bait to apply the "kill spots" so I just dip the pen in the bowl of the airbrush.