pkocustom

Hey woodworkers!

Hey guys! I don't know if this is the right forum to post this but, is or has anyone turned their own slip floats? I'm wanting to turn some specialized panfish slip floats. right now I've done some with balsa. They are alright but was looking for any ideas for other wood suggestions. The slip tube that I'm using is aluminium and stainless steel. Thanks!:)

It's fun to work with...I spent some time building floats several yrs back. You might look at some of the foams that are already formed into blocks and go from there...tons of options. I used to order plastic stems made specifically for floats but cannot remember where I got them.

RM

I used to get them from a place in Lewiston Idaho called black sheep sporting goods. If you google their name, phone them, and ask that they mail you out some I sure they will. The stems are black and about 8 inches long so you can leave them full length or trim as needed. Seems like I paid about 10 bucks for 100.

RM