rjbass

copper and gold foil

Musky Stalker,

It is mesh underneath the foil to give it the different patterns. I have to give the credit to Fatfingers for showing the technique. I believe there is a tutorial on the subject.

Rod

Nice lures, and beautiful smallies.

FYI, If you copy and paste the IMG line, the picture will show in your post rather than just the link.

IMG_1416-1.jpg

Husky,

I thought I remember a statement from a moderator that said not to put up the pictures on the forum because they take up too much space so that is why I put up the link.....if it is ok to do the full pictures I will do it that way from now on....thanks.

Rod

Husky,

I thought I remember a statement from a moderator that said not to put up the pictures on the forum because they take up too much space so that is why I put up the link.....if it is ok to do the full pictures I will do it that way from now on....thanks.

Rod

I believe pictures on Photobucket don't take bandwidth from this site.

Bogdan alex, try some round nose wire bending pliers, perfect circles every time. Buy them at Michaels Craft shops or at Sears.

Another route to gold foil: I like to use silver aluminum duct tape for foiling and discovered by accident that a light spray of Createx Transparent Yellow does a nice job of turning it into "gold foil". I've also used Prismacolor dye pens but the Createx does a nicer, easier job IF you have an airbrush that can spray fine mist (like an Iwata HP or similar).