Trollinloser

Shallow Crankbaits

10 posts in this topic

I am very new, just signed up today to this site and just started painting my own baits. I am looking for shallow anywhere 3-5 ft running crankbait blanks so I can get started on my own crankbaits. Anyone have a site to suggest or if you are from Canton, Ohio or near by, where I can go to get blanks? Any help would be appreciated.

On a side note, some of the baits that I have seen on this site that were painted by members are great, they look like they could be filleted!!!

:worship:

First of all Welcome,

Fatman scores an A+, Those are the 2 places I would try and as he said some members also sell a few occasionally.

Thanks for the welcome! :nuhuh: I am just gettin into the painting of lures. I have found it's cheaper to paint than to find. I appreciate any feedback to the paintin of lures.

By the way the name means I lose a lot of lures. Hence the painting of my own. At least I know I know what I want!!!!

welcome to the addiction!!!!:eek:

plenty of paint tips on this forum. Try the search feature and you will find enough to read for a looooonnnnnnnnggggggg time:yay:

still have questions? fire away!!!

Anyone remember the name of Jim Rogers' "alphabet" crank of the late 60's & early 70's? I busted a lip off one, and i only have 1 left. I am sure there were diff. weights, but i am partial to the 1/4 oz. Oh, and if you want to get rid of any, i'll find something to trade you with...

I think the bait is the "Big Jim".

Probably so. I have a 1/4 oz version called a "Deep Jim". It has baby blue eyes.

Dean

I guess that makes sense, thanks guys. I don't know where Burgin is, but I do know my way around Mayfield and Murray a little bit. Sure would like to fish Kentucky lake some day....