fatfingers

Medicine cups

U63405, be careful with the etex. It's got a shelf life of about a year from what I've read. I tried some older stuff recently and it wouldn't harden. But you could try a small batch.

Husky the markings are in convenient increments, although I can't recall them all from memory at this moment (too many enamel fumes?:))

There are a few different types around the cup. You can take your pick really.

I find that I can mix enough for 5 to 10 lures depending on which marks I choose.

I pour the hardener in first and then pour the resin, because the hardner is colored and the resin tends to sink into the middle of it when pouring. Thus the darker tones in the hardener make it easier to see marks on ths side of the cup and measure with precision.

I just ordered my second batch two days ago online. The first batch of 200 worked great, so I went ahead and sort of bulk ordered the second time. At 4 cents a piece, its a good use of a disposable container.

I mix in one cup, then pour into a second. When brushing envirotex on with an acid brush, I keep the first cup handy to wipe off the brush on the lip of the cup to remove from the bristles any dust particles or excess etex that I've removed with the brush when I'm done with "painting" it on. That way I don't put any dust or contaminated etex into the remaining pure etex in the second cup. Hope that makes sense. In other words, I use the second cup to occasionally "clean" the brush and to dump excess epoxy if I put too much on in one spot on the lure.

Flex coat makes a plastic measuring cup(looks just like a medicine cup) marked in cc's, you can buy them at Barlows 100 for $2.39

stock #225073. I just let my e-tex harden when finished and break it out of the bottom and wipe with alcohol and reuse:)

I get mine from the nurse that lives next door for free.They are probally the same as yours.They are marked in cc's.Because I get them for free,I pour equal ammounts in 2 cups then pour one into another,mix, and wash the other one out with alcohol and reuse.I use plastic knives taken from fast food joints to mix with.

There are some small clear plastic 1 oz. cups made by Dixie for restaurant carry-out orders of sauces that work great for mixing clear coat. I think I paid $9.00 for 500 of them at Sam's. I have used them for years. You might want to give them a try sometime.