bamabass

spraying dnlc

Bama,

Go to www.dicknite.com for your answer to these questions and more, or email Dick; he'll be glad to help you out. He cuts his with acetone if I remember correctly, and sprays his lures with it. I brush mine undiluted and rotate my lures for a few minutes, but it flashes very quickly; I'm sure if you spray it you wouldn't need to rotate. It does not level like epoxy, which is one of the things I like about it, which means it doesn't smooth and level over carved details, thin out over or pull away from edges, or pool in popper mouths. It applies and levels more like paint does. Dick also ships application info with the product.

Dean

Dean is absolutely right. Just contact Dick. He is a super person to work with. He will tell you all that you need to know. I have sprayed DNLC and it is easy to do. It is no different than shooting lacquer paint. That is... if the formula has not changed since I shot it. It will take about 3 coats to get it as thick as 1 coat of devcon. You do have to let it flash between coats. It can run like paint and if you get too aggressive with the spraying, it will bubble. Just take your time and follow Dicks instructions.

Skeeter

That was one of my questions, so to answer that I bought a $3 card airbrush to find out, just never got around to trying it!

From what I know, it can't until the thinner evaporates. I figured if I mixed enough to spray, then immediately flush with more thinner, lots more, I wouldn't have a problem.

I was spraying this stuff over 5 yrs. ago. So again, assuming that the formula of DNLC has not changed,...... It will not kill your gun. It holds up well in acetone. As long as you shoot your baits and then just run some straight acetone through the gun you will be just fine. If you follow what Dick tells you, you will be just fine. Dick is a good guy... he won't tell you wrong. I have used a number of his paints. What he sells is good quality. And he knows how to use it.

Skeeter