savacs

Urethane Clear in Germany?

Does anyone know where i could find urethane clear, waterbased in germany? I just want to try the stuff out to see what results do i get, but bringing it from the US it's a bummer, and the real prob is that i can't find it in Romania:( A link would be the best thing.

I would sincerely apreciate it! Thank you

Savacs, I am still a little unclear as I dont make Hard Baits merely interested and just trying to help you. I am nevertheless interested as Urethane is generally a good product and is mostly biodegradable in the form of plastic as it largely breaks down into Urea. ie. it may fertilize the ocean and waterways and allow heavy plant growth and possibly even things like red tides but it mostly wont pollute and poison with plastic particles that wont break down.

I would suggest you use Google and hunt around in Germany (.de) as undoubtedly they will certainly produce some very good product/s. I worked there many years ago and am well aware that while they like anyone make some real crap they produce some absolutely first class products and some of the best enviromentally friendly solutions available. (thanks to a lot of the young German people who are often a lot more enviromentally aware than some other Europeans and which has enacted some of the most progressive enviromental legislation regarding manufacture and use of this type of product/s) A name in the back of my mind from the Automotive Finish industry that springs to mind is Spies Hecker although they are mostly laquer orientated. They may be able to put you on to someone.

Just Googled and came up with the following TX US company site: http://www.psiurethanes.com/polyurethane_products/polyurethane_water_clear_urethane.html?kc=LMeu9&src=google&gclid=CIHhjrDX_4wCFQmZbgodPzChDQ

which you may be able to learn something from.

I see Amazon also lists a book on Water-based finishes: http://www.amazon.com/Water-Based-Finishes-Taunton-Woodworking-Resource/dp/1561582360 which you may be able to source locally.