rockdog23

Netcraft Plastic Lure Bodies

I think the 4" model is a knock-off of the Deep Little N. Can't comment on whether it's as good. Many blanks look alike but aren't really the same. Even if they are the same shape and size, they often have different ballast (usually less than the popular original).

for a while when i first got some from janns they were real norman bodies, then one time when i reordered it wasn't and I have not ordered those particular bodies again. The real normans didn't have eye sockets and the image now shows them so i assume they are still not the real ones.

Some of their blanks are great and some are terrible, and sometimes its a crap shoot what your going to get.

I bought several of Jann's plastic baits just to check them out. The FS Medium Diver is a plastic copy of a D-bait. Inferior action to the balsa original and the circuit board lip is held in by the clearcoat, so it'll snap right out. A favorite bait of mine is the Lucky Craft CB200 which the Jann's PC200 imitates - but it doesn't have the shot content of the CB200, weighs less, and won't fish as well. The FG shallow diver is a copy of a Lucky Craft RC1.5. Nice looking body but again, not enough ballast or action, and it's hard to tune. In the end, I figure you get what you pay for. I'm not complaining - the blanks are probably worth about the price they're sold for. But JMHO, life is too short to spend time building or fishing anything less than proven baits. I'll stick to rehabing good originals or building wood baits from scratch.