VANNDALIZER

first swimbait

Looks like you have a good start. I assume you are going to put a joint or two in the lure? You will probably have to add a considerable amount of weight to the front and some in the rear too. Make sure you test it before finishing to be sure you don't waste your time with paint and clear.

Jed V.

Mavrick, I cant really fairly comment as I have not made lipped swimbaits before but think your lip is a little too vertical and could possibly be inclined (slanted) forward a bit more. Others may be able to comment a bit more and agree or tell you & me I am talking through a hole in my hat.

It would definately depend on what he is looking for action wise in his bait. If he is looking to make a wake bait, it may not be vertical enough. Only experimentation will tell how well any bait will wake with any given lip configuration. If you look at some of the wake baits like the 3:16 Armegeddon or wake bait, you will see that their bill is just almost completely vertical.

Bb, You quickly demonstrate to me a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. I take it a wake bait is towed on the surface or just below the surface. I also take it wake is influenced by size of lip too proportional to swimbait size, the bigger the lip the bigger the wake. I also imagine trolling speed has a bit to do with it. Interested in learning a bit more myself. Where does one find infomation? Thanks. David