kampfire

Skirt Color Combinations

Just started making spinnerbaits and buzzbaits. Is there a chart, or can someone lead me on the main color compinations for the mixed color skirts? I read on here 3 different personal combinations for a "bluegill" color, but, for instance, what colors make up "Firetiger", etc? Thanks for the help, I have learned a lot from this website!

Mitchell in Dinwiddie, VA

Well, all you'll find are personal preferences, it's a lot different from say, a plastic color mix. If I were going to do a firetiger pattern, for instance, I'd use orange, yellow chart, then green chart, might even put a strand or two of black in there.

What you really want to do is decide how thick you want your skirts, most pads come with somewhere around 20 strands on them, and I'd say a large number of skirts are 40-50 strand, so put 5 strands orange, 10 strands yellow chart, then 5 strands green chart on top, and maybe a strand or three black in the middle, and there you go.