NorthwoodsFishinstop

Blade Bait painting

I have just finished pouring alot of 1/2 oz vibrating swim baits. I was wondering if anyone has any experience powder coating them? I have a 4" fluid bed and plan to use an oven to heat the lures. The main concern i have is that the metal of the blade will take powder differently (ie heat/cool quicker) them the lead. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Northwoods, you can't powder paint the blank first then pour the lead the mold will not close. You can either powder paint it after pouring, or airbrush it then seal it with Devcon 2T just hold it with hemo's on the front hook hanger for either process. If you powder paint just make sure the blades are free of residue or oils.

OK Guys what's this post doing in the hard bait section? If I would have seen this earlier, I would have solved all you problems...Just kidding:lol: :lol::lol: . Northwoods, if you want to get creative, why don't you put 2 or 3 or 4 colors on. I would powder paint the entire blade bait your base color. Tape off the lead part with teflon tape. Do all your other colors, then take off your teflon tape and powder paint that maybe 2 or 3 colors. Bake it in the oven and there you go. There I go again, trying to push my limits with multi-colors. Will I ever learn? Oh yeah baby, it can be done.....trust me. Anything can be done if you got money. Now that I've simmered down, Northwoods PM me..... Ted