- - - - -

how do I silence the rattles on a crank?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Erick Darkman Prado

Erick Darkman Prado

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:21 PM

I am getting a few clear cranks (Normans) and I have seen other custom ones, but they don't rattle, the rattles are still there they just don't move, shake, make noise.

How do I do that and if I have to put a hole in it how do I close it back up.

#2 RiverMan

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

You can use a bit of epoxy clay....get it at Wal-Mart in the auto parts section. You just mix part A with part B and it will harden to a rock in 15 minutes....sand smooth, done deal. I have done this to lures before only I drilled a hole and then poured the bb's out........not sure where the Normans store the bb's though so it might not be possible with this plug.

Jed V.

#3 borderbasser

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:36 PM

In the past I have just drilled a hole in my DD22's where the rattle cavity is and filled it up with devcon 2 part epoxy.

#4 BobP

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:54 PM

You'll be able to see the weight cavity in a clear bait, drill a hole and put in some epoxy to fix the rattles. Remember they are also the ballast so if you glue them off center..... I tried it a couple of times but gave it up as a bad job and too much work for the benefit. If you want silent, I say use a wood crankbait.

#5 willie525

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:00 PM

i think they use them for rattles and weights. so in some they rattle and in some they dont.