Fishstick

Do I need a spray booth?

Greetings all,

I just recently joined the board (this is my first post) and I am very impressed with the quality of the work that you all are doing. It's very inspirational!

I have already carved a few fish decoys but would like to start carving my own hard baits. I already have my first airbrush on order. The question I have is, if I am using acrylic paints (Createx) paints do I really need to use a spray booth if I paint indoors?

Thanks,

I use acrylics and usually paint in the garage, positioning newspaper to catch overspray. You do get some paint that jet dries and deposits as dust but it's non-toxic. I occasionally paint inside using the kitchen sink to catch overspray and haven't gotten any death ray looks from my wife yet but if you do alot of it, you would get more dust. I tried a simple spray booth but found I had to clean it up constantly to keep the dust from blowing around and getting on the baits I was painting. If you do alot of inside painting, it might pay to build a spray booth with air filtration.