wardsmit

large tail spinners

Thanks Chuck,

Considered that but was looking for quick fix.

If you can't find what you are looking for an option would be a custom spin casting mold. With custom molds the products can be made to your specs. ( size, shape, etc.)

Chuck Vanover

Tight Line Anglers Products

Ph. 440-277-1511

Fax 440-277-9152

Wardsmit, you can modify many of the bigger Do-It jig molds into a tail spinner. I've done it with some of the big Style H heads, the shad heads, and the big Ultra minnow head.

Start by finding a shape and style you want. Now pour about a half dozen with just a piece of like .041 wire (3") out the rear where the hook would normally exit.

Now, bend up a dozen pieces of u-shaped wire on a round bend pliers.

Now on each one, drill two holes in the top and bottom about where you think the line tie and the hook tie should be. Insert the u-shaped wires in 5-min epoxy. Make each one a little different.

Now rig them up and head out to the lake. One of them will be the balance that you want. Guard that one with your life and throw the others back in the lead pot.

Put that one back in the mold and mark where the wire loops should be. Carve out the loops with a dremmel.

You will have to bend the wires by hand, but it's not too bad if you make a little bending jig.

I hope I didn't make that sound too difficult.

Tks PC....will give that a whirl...have a couple of the molds u r talking about....I used to be at the u of KY and had a friend in the engineering lab that made custom molds for me. Boy, was that a pleasure. I was in hog fishing heaven. He made me at least 10 custom molds and have used them to catch lots of species over the yrs.