rangerboatphil

I wish id asked that question 6 years and approx $1,000 ago. I would start with spray cans and practice blending colors and using a cardboard screen to blockoff what you don't want to paint. You can try Pearls or any other artists supply or craft store for more bells and whistles. If your looking for a good 1 day paint job just lightly sand, scratch up the surface, spraypaint then fish. if you get one that you really want to keep in good condition try any of the various clearcoats others recommend on this site.

Its a commitment, first and foremost. You have buy what you need and there is no way around that.

You should consider starting with a quality airbrush. It is a critical tool in the process and it will allow you to hit your maximum potential and advancement with a lot less frustration and expense.

If you buy a cheap one, you may wind up buying two and spending more than necessary in the end.

A lot of guys, myself included, like the Iwata HP-C.

Money well spent.

Well said fatfingers. Do it right the first time! It will save you a lot of money and lost products sitting on a shelf some where. Take every ones advice here on the paint to use. Use the search here also. I to use the Iwata hp-ch it has a lot of extra controls. It tossed the learning curve out for me and it can make very fine lines.