nova

Anybody know this guy?

i got an email from this guy on 7/28 also stating the same thing. I emailed him back and told him i'd be happy to ship him some lures if he could provide some documentation of who he was...he responded "send me your fax #", so i did and that was the last i've heard from him..He says he's an editor and is starting to write again, but looking at his grammer in the email, he doesnt look to be much of an editor. Here is a copy of the email he sent me:

mr felderman

i am carson johntry that was on espn tv's outdoors tv magazine in the 80's with john fox

was an editor of fla bass magazine, us bass magazine, and american angler magazine

am writing again

would you be so kind as to furnish a few samples

thanks

I took off the phone # and address...BTW I called the work number he provided and it was a car dealership....

I sent him a bunch of samples as he told me that he knew a lot of folks in the industry and he would show the baits to them.

I look at it as "nothing ventured, nothing gained". If he is just trying to get baits for himself; so be it. But you never know.

It's a decision that you will each have to make for yourself if he contacts you.

www.novalures.com

If the guy is genuine then providing samples should be of very minor consequence. Your knowledge and reproach should be beyond question and the only serious discussion should be regarding your fee.

If free samples become an issue then we already know the answer. Save the free samples for your devoted friends. You are already famous, what more do you want!

I've done a couple pieces now with TU members (bladesandbaits, skeeter, maddoxbay and others). You're well within your rights to request writing samples and request what publication and anticipated print date he has for your baits, etc.

I get called all the time from manufacturers and bait makers wanting to verify a writer is doing a story for our magazine. He should be glad to help out and be sure you send him your mailing address and request copies of the article when it goes to print. I'm sure he's a freelance writer doing a story that he's either been assigned or that he wants to "shop" to a few publications. A google search on him, yielded nothing so he's not done anything recently with any big name pubs.

gat0r aka editor FLW Outdoors magazine