saint308

Finished Presto Pot

Try cutting teeth in the bottom of the stirrer. Off set them so that when one side makes a pass the other cleans up what the first one leaves. It works great on mine. I started with out a mechanical stirrer. When I put mine on I cut down the amount of left over plastic by about 1/4. It's great just filling one cavity and moving on to the next. I found out very quickly that I need more molds. Great job.

Try cutting teeth in the bottom of the stirrer. Off set them so that when one side makes a pass the other cleans up what the first one leaves. It works great on mine. I started with out a mechanical stirrer. When I put mine on I cut down the amount of left over plastic by about 1/4. It's great just filling one cavity and moving on to the next. I found out very quickly that I need more molds. Great job.

ED

Could you get us a photo of the way you have your stirrer set up?

Thanx

JSC

:)

:D:D:D

Different method of tapping pot, differnt paddles, stronger motor, double tapped and valved pots, you missed the wood tabel from aluminum and silver paint instead of black anodized.

The differnt tap keeps the valve and nipple much hotter and can go from cold to hot and back and never get one clog. Also allows for almost zero waste as you can pour down to the last drop.

:D:D:D

Different method of tapping pot, differnt paddles, stronger motor, double tapped and valved pots, you missed the wood tabel from aluminum and silver paint instead of black anodized.

The differnt tap keeps the valve and nipple much hotter and can go from cold to hot and back and never get one clog. Also allows for almost zero waste as you can pour down to the last drop.

Much better :lol::yay:

"The differnt tap keeps the valve and nipple much hotter and can go from cold to hot and back and never get one clog. Also allows for almost zero waste as you can pour down to the last drop."

I understand how the waste was reduced but how does the tap affect the valve temperature?

No thread lock just good engineering in the thread depth also the built in lock washer effect of postioning in re;ation to heat ring material.

Temps stay consistant in the vlavle nipple aasembly after many, many many trial and errors. put a 3" extension on one and see the differnce, huge heat loss effect everything must be as compact as possible to retain the heat.

With the base off level 1/4" there isnt enought to pour 4 more 5" sticks when its done. that just gets set aside after cooling and goes right back in the next batch.

Tap postioning put,, it 1" away from heat ring and heat transfer to nipple is reduced plastic cools and clogs galore..

Common guys I cant let all the secrets out.... when I tell you I have alot of time and thought, I'm not kidding you.

Most see mine and say "I can build that" and most can but its all those little things that add up

also

You need drill press a pipe thread tap, 3 differnet other machine taps every drill size in the book. After you buy all the tools to make one you coulld have got one at your door for less and hours more to fish.

FYI Patent pending...

Edited by mbroggi1

FYI Patent pending...

You're kidding right?

You gotta USPTO number handy for reference?

Given that this rig was publicly discussed here back in 2003 I highly doubt it's possible.

Re:

http://www.tackleunderground.com/forum/soft-plastics/773-frying-plastic-2.html

I had this pot in use with my own stirring mechanism (along with others) years before you even registered & I'm sure others have well before us, that's why I'm not taking credit. I find it slightly insulting that a lot of your R&D has come from this forum & now you claim it as your own design, deserving of a patent.

I'll give you kudos on how you implemented your own stirring mechanism on top of the fundamental fabrication process. IMO that's the only original contribution you've made to the product.

Not to mention that there is multiple resources online regarding the fabrication process of this same pot all over the web for candlemakers.

Your also on notice about the incessant promotion of your pot in the soft plastic forums. You can take out a banner ad, or classified ad, or list it for free in the supplier directory (you are a club member).

We want to accommodate you if you provide a product or service, but I won't moderate any more of your promotional posts, we'll start issuing infractions instead.

Thank you for understanding.