Vodkaman

work in progress

I ike that- Very erratic, I first thought it was a mouse in the pool, had to blow it up a bit. I'm sure there is something in Malaysia, that would chase it, I know there is here.

You and I must be the only ones up, your time zone is similar to here (Aus). Pete

hmm, u need a fast retrieve to get that one working :) not good for pikes , but u got a nice swimming action over there ;) I think the advantage is that the bait shows it's lateral line and belly, like saying to a predator "come and get me"

Longball, yes, last week I caught a Philipino mermaid, about 45Kg. It was tempting to keep her but I did return her to the water as I firmly believe in catch and release.

Pikeman, the action starts at about 0.5 m/s, the same speed as for normal action (waggle, wobble) as it is the same forces causing the hunt.

Fatfingers, too soon. I want the chance to get some production out there before everyone else.

Hey Vodkaman nice action, you may want to look on ebay under 'THE ORIGIONAL SMIRKPLUG' then click the link to see my version of a hunting bait as you guys call them. I beleive with the right weight to size to balance ratio you can swim a good plug fast or slow. please let me know if you don't get the video link. p.s. these videos were taped in 2001 and ive been hiding this model from other fishermen since 1989. If any of you guys want blanks let me know.

Its hard to tell from the video how deep it goes. It is a surface plug like the smirkplug that was mentioned with the prop on the front. That bait would be tough to beat when the bass are busting up shad schools if it stays near the surface. Great action BTW, I doubt that will find your "box of shame" you refer to.

Hey Vodkaman nice action, you may want to look on ebay under 'THE ORIGIONAL SMIRKPLUG' then click the link to see my version of a hunting bait as you guys call them. I beleive with the right weight to size to balance ratio you can swim a good plug fast or slow. please let me know if you don't get the video link. p.s. these videos were taped in 2001 and ive been hiding this model from other fishermen since 1989. If any of you guys want blanks let me know.

Vodkaman, it seems that we have both reinvented the wheel (me first :) )

There is a difference, though. On the bank of the river where the videos were taken, there was no mermaid in sight. Do you think I should try a swimming pool?

Anyway, I have a fair trade offer for you: one of my lures in exchange for one of your mermaids. Does it sound tempting?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rofish07&search=Search

Smirkplug and Rofish. Very sorry but I have not been able to view your video's. Rofish, yours asks for software to be down loaded, I tried twice but still no success. This is very frustrating. Interesting trade offer but it does not seem fair as the mermaids are free (generally), I don't want to rip you off.

It is hardly re-inventing the wheel, as no one on TU has been able to explain or consistently reproduce the action, according to everything that I have read. But it does not surprise me that a few have found it. Personally, I considered it a challenge to solve the enigma and I am feeling very pleased with myself.

Longball. This one has a 60 deg lip and therefore is a top water bait. On a long cast it would probably achieve 3 - 4 feet depth. But there is no reason why the principles cannot be applied to deeper lips. It is my intention to develope 60, 45, 30 & 15 degree lips in various body lengths.

Unless there is already a mass produced hunter out there, then I think that this project could be worth persuing.

If you can suggest a solution to my video viewing problems I would appreciate it.