Maverick

Sexy Shad

Wow... I don't post here often anymore...at least not as often as I used to, so maybe my vote doesn't count for much. It just seems to me that when someone posts here particularily looking for someone to do some work for him that we should probably be more respectful and keep the sarcasm to a minimum. A few of you acted like trekkies at a convention argueing over episode names. I never knew there we "lure geeks" but I guess there are. Just My opinion..... go ahead let the rocks fly I got my devcon coated helmet on. :wink:

It was a cheap attempt to humor most of the regulars here on the site. If you were offended I am sorry. For the record that particular pattern has been around for many years, take a look at a BPS catalog and you will find that most crankbait/jerkbait manufacturers have their own version of the Luckycraft color Chartreuse Shad. Strike king is blowing smoke up the everyday angler's butts to get them to buy this hot new color that KVD came up with. If anyone knows anything about KVD he did the same type of deal with the Schubert's Tubes and the Strike King Tubes. His brother Randy was a large distributer/tackle shop in Michigan and was a distributer for Schuberts Tubes. KVD catches fish on them and all of a sudden it was a Strike King prototype, next season and Poof!! Strike King has a super salty tube with KVD's pic all over the bag!! Happens all the time in the fishing industry. Everyone here at this site can learn a valuable lesson fr0m this!! Everybody pays and no one rides for free!!

Braveviper,

Im always confused.. Sometimes I feel like Mork from ORK!! Remember that SHOW!!!

HEY STRIKE KING HERE ARE SOME MORE SHAD NAMES YOU CAN USE AFTER YOU STEAL PATTERNS!!

KILLER SHAD!! GREEN SHAD!! BLUE SHAD!!! POPCORN SHAD!! Shad Gumbo, Lemon pepper shad, Shad scampi, Shad and grits, Shad on a stick, B L SHAD, SHADWICH, Green eggs and Shad, the list goes on and on!!! RUN FORREST!!! RUN!!!

I'll paint it for you Maverick.:lol::lol:

ChartShad.jpg

ChartShad2.jpg

ChartShad4.jpg

I aint sure who came up with it first, but I sure appreciate whoever it was because I have literally painted a few hundred of that pattern over the past several years.

The first pattern I saw was on a Lucky Craft Wooden Sammy. And that was before the plastic Sammy came along.

Regards, Blades

guys the pattern sexy shad came from a company in japan blades is right he seen it on a version of a wooden sammy that came from a company prior to lucky craft that made the now famous sammy by luckycraft that company was know as ichybon and the sammy was known as the pro minnow at the time im in the process of making 400 of these for a company in california as we speak hope this clears up some things about the sexy shad:yay:

I'm not saying you can't "invent" a paint scheme that won't be original, at least to you and 99% of they guys who see it. There are an infinite number of colors in the spectrum and an infinite number of points between any two given points in mathematics. But I believe 99% of "original" schemes, in their major color elements, have been done by somebody else, sometime else. Maybe the painter didn't sell as many crankbaits, or was just a hobby builder and so was never recognized as the "famous originator" of the paint scheme. There is a long tradition of paint schemes from which we all borrow and/or build upon. None of us builds in a vacuum.

Did I ever tell you guys I invented DUCK TAPE!! Well that is what you guys know it as...I called it fix all tape!! Then this guy from Dillwood.. Goes by the name of Dick Duckworth. Took my tape at my wife's christmas party.. Ding dong me didnt write down the formula to the sticky mix.. just like when I paint a lure for the first time.. I never write down the mix or how the hell I came up with it.. anyway... Old Duckworth is FAMOUS!!! and as you can see my life is so far gone... I paint fishing lures out of depression!! And hangin out at TU all day long!!

Birdie birdie in da sky.. Dropped some do do in my eye!! I will not worry. I will not cry.. Im just glad strike king reps dont fly!!

thats it ive heard it all a guy who thinks he invented "DUCK TAPE" Ur a friggn' idiot itys called DUCT TAPE.

and then we got the oh im so cool im argueing about who created a frickn paint job.

whats next is Al Gore going to pop up and Say he invented the internet...Oh wait that happened.

But seriously he didn't ask who invented it he just associated a big name thats endorceing it come on he asked for a favor not a huge riot in the forums...

sorry for the rant but comeon people relax is fishing about fighting...NO...

a wise man once said "SHUT UP AND FISH"!!!