Maverick

Sexy Shad

Yo Bro lighten up!!!!, Rook and everyone else are kidding around. Someone PM'ed him(Maverick) about painting his baits. As far as sharing info that is what this site is all about, No one was arguing about who developed what color. We were just conversing in an open forum about the lack of ingenuity of a Major manufacturer and that pretty much everyone has their own version of that color. Pull up a chair and start reading to get some insight into what takes place here. I think that you will find it is a pretty friendly place. If not there is a simple solution for that as well!

"Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness."

Sophocles

Maverick.. Im sorry wasnt making fun of you or your request at your expense.. I was kinda attacking the fishing industry in general.. and just having fun and high on paint.. Free paint job if you really want a Sexy Shad pattern.. Dont leave TU.. These guys are the best in the world...without them I wouldnt of had the success I had on ebay this year.. I owe alot of my talent to them... THANK YOU TU!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Mark.. If you would like a free paint job too let me know.. That is the kind of person I really am.. Im a lover not a fighter.. I know I cant spell worth a lick either.. Please dont hate me because I sell lures on ebay.. I like to have fun.. God bless me with a passion for fishing and never give up heart... I have some painting talent but my best talent is my work ethic.. I paint til 4am everynight and paint each lure like it will be the only lure one of my customers ever sees of my work..

Thanks for you comments pm me if you want a free paint job too!

The Rookie

Yo Bro lighten up!!!!, Rook and everyone else are kidding around. Someone PM'ed him(Maverick) about painting his baits. As far as sharing info that is what this site is all about, No one was arguing about who developed what color. We were just conversing in an open forum about the lack of ingenuity of a Major manufacturer and that pretty much everyone has their own version of that color. Pull up a chair and start reading to get some insight into what takes place here. I think that you will find it is a pretty friendly place. If not there is a simple solution for that as well!

"Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness."

Sophocles

Perfect!

& Marco,

Rookie did invent Duck tape...unfortunately for him, it is only being used in packaging by a small duck meat processing plant in eastern Arkansas with a C- sanitation rating. Last I heard, they're negotiating with a top-notch cat food company, so there is always hope that Rook will do better than selling his usual 10 cases of duck tape a year...perhaps then he'll get his medication stabilized and he'll quit ranting everytime he sees a roll of DUCT TAPE.

I also have it on good account that Strike King ripped off one of his most killerpaint jobs that was quickly gaining popularity beyond the shores of Lake Norman. They even appropriated their name from the singlemost popular comment used by all who viewed this TOTALLY ORIGINAL lure paint pattern; yes, STRIKING!! The rest, as they say, is history!

The Rookie really is a great guy and an even better painter (or vice-versa), so we all like to humor him a little when he starts going off because of his close brushes with near-corporate-fame. He indeed has a tumultuous past!

;)

Dean

Im Tater Hog on ebay! For some strange reason everyone on ebay likes my work.. I think my mom just has alot of friends and they feel sorry for the poor smuck and buy my lures...

I couldnt have done it without all the help for guys like Dean, Talley, Skeeter, Fat Fingers, Bob, even blades helped me.. I read alot stuff on here... Asked alot of questions.. and made alot of mistakes.. But I had the guts to paint some 25 bucks lures that sold for over 120 bucks on ebay.. When that happened.. I was as Markopolo says.. kinda a lure geek..

I think it was a pray answered from god.. Because I had really been down in the dumps the past 4 or 5 years.. My life sucked or I thought it did..and I fished 4 days a week just to get away from it.. Most would drink or do drugs.. not me... I just went fishing to escape all the pressure.. My wife was about to leave me over my depression..then one day I walked into this fishing tackle store and saw some custom painted lures..I thought man those are really neat.. How much do you charge to paint them buddy... he said 7 bucks.. I thought.. HOLY COW.. 7 bucks.. That seems high.. (I never said that out loud) But that was what I thought..then I said to myself man I could do that.. I have some art skills.. so I purchased a airbrush.. found out how hard it really is.. considered taking all my lures to this guy and have him paint them for 7 bucks...But I never gave up.. I found TU and got lots and lots of great tips... Sold some on ebay.. got a following.. and the rest is history I guess..

This hobby kinda saved me and my marriage.. Im making money now.. I dont fish as much which kinda stinks but Im home more and I feel better about myself.. Im not down in the dumps unless one of my lucky crafts only auctions for about 14.00 bucks.. and I finally found something I love to do and Im making money doing it.. I dont have a clue how long it will last but nobody really knows that in any job they do.

I just thank God everyday for blessing me... There are alot of good painters selling stuff on ebay and across the country.. Im just one of the lucky ones that is making a profit.. if you call working 12 hours per day profitiable. but its not a job to me.. its fun...Where else can you Name yourself.. "TATER HOG" Custom paint a fishing lure that sells for 120 bucks..... and become famous on ebay!! ONLY IN AMERICA!!! Man I love this country!!

Thanks Crappie Pro you can do it too! Just takes practice.. Im still getting better everyday.. I promise your 100 lure will be better than your first!!.. ..Im not the expert here but if you have any questions I will help you all I can...... .I want to tell yall a funny story.. Everyone else might get a kick out of it..or it will give someone else more material to make fun of me with.. but anyway.

. My 10 year old daughter comes home from school one day.. Late May..right before school was out for the summer.. She is in 4th Grade..any way she walks in the kitchen and says "Daddy..Im not popular" WOW.. 4th grade and she is worried about that..

.I say.. honey dont worry about that kinda of stuff.. in 10 years you will not even care about it.... "But Im not popular.." 10 year olds dont just drop a subject... She gets that from her Mother.. So me being me.. I say..well did you tell everyone at school your Daddy is "Tater Hog on EBAy"!! as Im laughing a bite to cheer her up... "She says in a very serious voice...YES I DID Daddy!! I told them you are Tater Hog on ebay and.." "THEY SAID THEY DIDNT KNOW WHO YOU ARE"!!! of course I was joking when I asked her that insane question? I was just trying to make the kid laugh so we could drop this subject.....I never really thought she would tell anyone at school about my ebay business...or the whole tater thing.. so I look at her and tried to keep a straight face cause Im crackin up inside...I say Honey.. "That might be why your not popular" Next time dont tell the other kids your Dad goes by the name of Tater Hog and paints fishing lures to sell on ebay. Tell'em I invented Duck Tape instead! LOL!

The_ROOKIE

"Life is what happens while your making other plans"

Rookie, Im not upset with anyone on the site. Except myself for not understanding what was going on. All of you guys are great and no way am I going to leave T.U., I have learned a lot since I found this site, and am now actually starting to use some of that knowledge when makeing my soft plastic baits. No need for any one to be sorry for anything said on my account. Thanks for the offer on the paint job, but it would not be proper for me to accept a free one, I am still looking at all the different paint schemes that you'all have come up with and am very much in awe of what I am seeing. Thanks, and good fishing ,Maverick

Mav,

You need a Tater HOG custom bait.. Im not taking no for a answer.. PM and I will send you my address.. Give me about 2 to 3 weeks.. to get it done.. but your lure is in safe hands... Unless it looks so good after Im done...I will list it on ebay and you can win it back....!!! JOKE>> KIDDING>>>>PM ME! My word is my word.. My only problem is my pony express for a post office!! DEAN IS STILL WAITING ON HIS MONEY!! Sorry DEAN!!! I SWEAR ITS COMING!! Hold those baits til you get it..

The Rookie

I tried Rookie's Duck Tape and reluctantly, I must say that I cannot endorse or recommend it.

It kept getting stuck in my cassette player and when it wasn't getting stuck,I still never heard even the slightest sound resembling a duck.

No kidding, I tried it in my VCR and it was all fuzzy.

Ok its official.. My Duck Tape is a new release at your local Blockbuster!.. Please note:

Warning: This product may contain lead a chemical known to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm. Do not place your hands in your mouth after handling the product. The sale of some lead-containing products is restricted by law in California and New Hampshire..

As for the rest of you Rednecks.. yankees.. Canucks..oh yeah and people from Kentucky.. (their so nuts we dont have a sterotyped slang word that might not be politically correct we just say their from Kentucky and everyone knows what we mean).. GO TO YOUR LOCAL STORE AND BUY SOME OF THE ROOKIE's Famous DUCK TAPE!!!

Sorry there V-Man!

Dean

Warning: This product may contain lead a chemical known to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm. Do not place your hands in your mouth after handling the product. The sale of some lead-containing products is restricted by law in California and New Hampshire..

Rookie, what the heck, did you breath on it or something???

Dean, Kentuckian (been called worse!)

Ok,

Dean.. I been gone this weekend.. I had to go to your fine state and visit my IN LAWS!!! Which really killed me.. Had to pickup my kids.. they been at grandma and grandpa's house the past week to spend some time with them before school starts back up.. when I get their.. what do I find!! Both of my girls.. with UK T-shirts on... The_Rookie was born and raised in the BEST BASKETBALL STATE IN THE COUNTRY!!! And now grandpa is messing my kids up with some ugly blue color.. UK is a bad word where Im from...GIRLS GET IN THE CAR!! WERE LEAVING!!! Tell Grandma Im too sick to eat her supper..I have two t-shirts to burn when we get back.....I swear he does that just to piss me off...!! He's got them singing the UK fight song now!!! Whats next.. My old Kentucky HOME!!! :whistle:

I too sick to even finish this rant!!! GOOD NIGHT!! UK SUCKS!! GO IU!! :angry: