LooksLikeSinbad

Jig-Making 101

Hello, I'm a bass angler from New York. I have read this forum for a while and wanted to say thank you to the members for all the helpful information you've shared. I recently ordered my first batch of jig-making supplies from jannsnetcraft.com and I'm really enjoying assembling my own jigs.

I have a few newbie questions if you don't mind:

- What are some good online store for jjg-making supplies that acceept paypal?

- Are there any good websites with tutorials, articles, videos, etc. for beginners regarding making/assembling jigs, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, etc.?

- What type of paint do you use to paint lead jig heads?

Thanks in advance!

LLS,

You've come to the right place to get the best info on the planet. Someone here will have any answer to what you're looking for. I have just finished a tutorial on powder painting multiple colors. It will be on TU shortly. In the meantime, if you want PM me your e-mail, and I will send it to you. Be safe and have fun

Wow, thanks for all the info. I'm really excited to learn more about this and get my hands dirty. Oh, and I really can't wait to catch a bass with one of my own jigs!

BTW, I'm a graphic designer and web developer. If anyone has any questions regarding graphics, logos, photos, photoshop, html, flash, websites, banner ads, etc. feel free to pm me. I'd be happy to help if I can.

Hey, sinbad

what kind of supplies are you looking for?

most guys do powder and cure on their products, although I use devcon on a few of my products.

I have thought about doing some video tutorials on lead pouring, etc.....and am in the process of writing a comprehensive e-book on making jigs...still picking away at it!

keep us appraised on your progress

regards

jm

www.daimonlures.com

Check out www.lurecraft.com, Kim has a lot of stuff that's not listed and she takes Paypal. She also has most things you have listed on the site.

Speaking of Paypal, I've repeatedly emailed Stamina, Barlow's and Jann's asking them if they would accept Paypal, I get the standard 'Sure buddy, we'll look into that' from the others, and a 'no' from Barlow's.