hazmail

Reverse Barb Trebles

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any experience with these Reverse Barb Hooks, not sure where I saw them, but think it was on either 'Nils Master' or 'Rapala' site.

Sounded like a good idea - less drama with landing nets and trebles trying to mate with each other.Pete

The Vision 110 jerkbaits come with them. I have lost A lot of fish and do not like them. I take them off now before a tournament.

I was doing a tackle show a few years back and one of the guys in the booth next to me had some japan baits and such.He gave me some with the barbs outside.I opened one pack and never bothered using the others.Awful.

i guess its like all new stuff it got it´s learning curve before use & i think they are called VMC Outbarb or barbarian & i know reef runner had them on some cranks until rapala bought the VMC company

I had some of the old Reef Runners with the outbarbs. They were OK for walleye & smaller fish, but just didn't hold up to salmon, so I changed them all out. Didn't really see any advantage to the design change anyway.

Thanks guys for all that, you ahve saved me some hard earned $'s pete