markopolo

outer clear coating

yes i have successfully made my first lure its a cork bass popper but i need to know an outer clear coat for it yes did paint it with a brush and wash off paint (didnt have anything else ) oh yeah you probably figured this out but it has to be water tight and i need to brush it on or even a spray paint would work

If you're in the U.S., Devcon Two Ton epoxy, sold at Walmart in a double syringe for around $2 is a popular clearcoat. Mix thoroughly for 30-45 secs, paint it on with a brush within a few minutes of mixing. Hang the bait alternately by its nose and tail for the first 30 minutes to prevent epoxy migration, then leave it to finish curing for 24 hrs. Cleans up with acetone or lacquer thinner. If you'd rather spray, any can of outdoor polyurethane will get the job done but it won't be as durable.

Bob is right Mark....... Make sure you heat your epoxy too.. that helps get the air bubbles out.. also.. take a tack rag and wipe the bait so you dont get any dust on it before you start.... Small particles will crack it.. One more thing.. Dont let anyone see your work or a big lure company might steal your idea...

Next time you have issues with me.. Just call me on the phone.. If you have seen me on ebay my number is listed everywhere.. Why you have a beef with me I will never know... I never said anything bad about you or maverick.. If you want others help I wouldnt start out as a new member on this site by attacking others.. Especially the ones you attacked.. Hope you know you attacked some of the best lure makers in the US.. Those guys are some of the most helpful people you will ever find... I would be careful what I said from now on..

The_Rookie

Tater Hog Custom Baits