robbor

Making scum frogs?

its really easy

make a mandral and use a very very thin piece to hold it

place it in the mold pour the plastic.

then pull the mandral out threw the section that was very thin.

you will have a little gap, you can do a few things.

leave it alone

take a solder iron or hot knife and fuse it together

or glue it together

the slot in the bottom is gennerally made with .0625 flat material or less.

I have a few hollow ones laying around like that but didn't think they would be a seller so I never put them online

Im not quite following you del. When I was in school we made one of those squeeze change purses by dipping a mold then splitting it. Sound like you are recomending and inside mold and an outside mold??? I was just thinking of an outside mold with a wire through it for nose and hook hole and then injecting the mold and slowly spinning.

I wish I knew you guys were looking how to make them. I was in there plant a couple of weeks ago. Southern lure Co. is in Columbus Ms. right beside the place I get lunch. There is a sign that says enter through back and I went in and I was in the middle of their shop. I walked around and talked to them for a while. It is 6 ladies that assemble and make them right there. I got a freebe that came right off the assembly table. One solid fact is there is one lady in there that is so hot I'm supprised she don't melt the plastic. I'll try to go back and take notes but it didn't take long for the other ones to see I couldn't quit looking at the little blond. Sorry guys, priorities come first.

I'll do what I can. I don't know about pics in his shop but I bet I can get a tour and report back. It will be sometime next week though. Its tough to get out of the office anymore. I'll do my best, post a question you guys want answered, I know hardbaits. I don't know what you guys need for the plastics.

Question:- what's her name; lol

www.novalures.com

I don't know her name, I figured out she had a head after I sat down and thought about it a while. While the main lady was showing me around she was putting a bunch of scum frogs in my hand one was a new one that wasn't out yet. I thought I was going to keep all of them but she got them and said I could have one if I wanted one. I had to pick the one that I use on Columbus lake. I think that is how he got started. The frogs he makes are perfect for the local lakes because they matt up in the summer. I throw a Ribbet alot there and didn't use a scum frog till I got the free one that looks like a ribbet.

I don't get down here much,but this post caught my eye..Longball,some guys have all the luck..you got a "freebie right there off the table"..:whistle::whistle: ..Nathan

Well I stopped by today and the ladies were on break. The owner's name is Dan and he is going to give me a tour of the plant next week. I got 3 free poppers today. They are very nice people there. The lady that gave me the poppers said they were made in plastisol (sp) molds. I will see more next week I hope.

Does anyone have any idea how these are made http://southernlure.goodbarry.com/_catalog_41566/Scum_Frog ? Any molds or pictures of how to make something similar - relatively 'thin' shell hollow body soft but not so soft (kinda like plasti-dip but better) bodies? What plastic/recipe would be used - I've only poured soft plastics thus far, and bought the pre-molded hard plastic bodies, and neither of those would fit the bill.