LooksLikeSinbad

What color is Junebug?

There are several colors of junebug out there depending on the company.

I guess it's whatever you want it to be or what works best for you.

In this addiction I have found; outside of a few standard colors; it's better to devise your own colors. That's why in the recipie thread you'll find several recipies for the same name of color. If you experiment a little you might just come up with a great color.

www.novalures.com

I was using blackgrape with green flakes and made it as dark as I could, but still had a couple guys not happy with it. The guys I dealt with wanted super dark. They sent me a Gambler Bacon Rind as a model. I have to say, that was an awesome color! In the end, I stuck with my black grape with green flakes, but I think that Gambler Bacon Rind color was superior. With black grape you get a blueish color. Didn't Del come out with a Junebug color? Has anybody tried it?

i pour the same as saint, adding white pearl and changing the flake colours to fuscia and purple, they out sell any other colour i make 10-1... die hard smoke fans moved to it aswell..

MF blackgrape is ALOT more blue than LC's, i prefer LC's myself... and to darken it up a drop or 2 of black does it nicely then adding green flakes (i like to small and medium)

Deep purple is what I look for. Basically you have to to look real hard to see purple unless you are looking at the head or tail in the light. For 28 oz. of plastic I use 5 dashes of medium green and 3 dashes of small green I think. I do not have the formula with me. Saint.

Up here in Wisconsin guys like it more on the blue side. I use L.C. blackgrape, M-F indigo and some California blue. Besides the green flake i add a little .035 blue flake. My customers love them and I catch a ton of fish on them myself. Do yourself a favor. Make it the way you like it! It will sell. Sure some people will want you to do it different; but the more i learn about this business is you need to develope your own way of doing things and sometimes that means your color won't quite be the norm. So what!!!!! I bet a dollar to a dounut you still build a great customer following who love your colors and your baits. And you will feel great because you took something and made it your own; or maybe made it better.