jrhopkins

crappie swimbait

JR...Youre baits are ridiculous. Very good stuff, keep it coming. And it seems you're putting them out at an amazing pace. I remember you said you're using a kevlar string for your swimbaits. How's that working out? And where are you getting the string? Are all of those baits PVC board or are some wood?

JR...Youre baits are ridiculous. Very good stuff, keep it coming. And it seems you're putting them out at an amazing pace. I remember you said you're using a kevlar string for your swimbaits. How's that working out? And where are you getting the string? Are all of those baits PVC board or are some wood?
well, i'm retired so i have lots of time to do what i like and can't afford the gas to go fishing every day:( . pretty much using the PVC all the time now, it has the same characteristics as the wood i was using and is easier to carve. besides it is waterproof and i don't have to worry about sealing it as well. the Kevlar string works out real good. i can get tighter joints with it. the only drawback is i have to be carefull that the epoxy doesn't leech into the string between the segments and make them stiff. really tough stuff though, i can't break it and i tried. as far as i know you can't buy it anywhere, got mine from an annonymous source who has military connections:whistle: