finlander

speed trolling

Finlander,

I make Musky Trolling baits called Musky Rockets. They are a cross between Wiley's and Musky Specials. They will not blow out up to 6 or 7 mph. I have been making them for years. They catch fish, trust me. I will be glad to share with you, let me know. There are some posted in the gallery if you look under my name.

Rod

There are two guys, members of Mich Muskie Alliance that make baits down here, real close in the design of yours. What I see is your tow eye is lower on the nose. You make them out of cedar. I was looking for help in making one myself, that would stay down. Kingfisher makes a Slasher that wanders abit around 4 to 4.5 mph. Another member, in Grand Rapids, makes one that will go to 7 mph+ and not blow out. Is it just more weight, like in the belly? I looked at your site, sweet looking lures for sure. Thanks, Bruce in Muskiegone.

I experimented alot with lip size and line tie placement before I settled on how I do it now. The key for me was the distance from the line tie to the lip. I do not use any weight. Baits are turned on a lathe and I am very finicky about getting everything exactly centered with the line tie. I take them to the lake and put them behind the boat for the final test. Usually if there is a problem I can micro-adjust the line tie to fix it.

Rod