GB GONE

Poor Boy's (Lurecraft) selling Basstrix knockoff

I wonder if they are tubes. I'm assuming they aren't and just pour into a mold. I see they also have the Javalon/LFT Magic Shad as well which is definitely poured into a single sided mold. I've been pouring the Javalon for a while and did quite well with them this summer working them through the pads. The Magic Shad says patent pending on the package but does not show any number. Does anybody have more info on this?

I Stopped In There A Couple Of Weeks Ago And He Gave Me A Couple To Try.i Never Even Threw A Swim Bait Before Around Here Me And My Brother Decided To Give Them A Try We Caught 4 Nice Fish With Them Not To Bad Never Using Swim Baits Before.they Are Pretty Nice I Haven't Used The Basstrix But They Look Like They Could Get Tore Up Pretty Easy After Catching A Couple Of Fish.i Am Thinking About Getting A Heavy Rod And Start Throwing Them More.THEY ARE POURED MORE LOKE A FLUKE WITH A SPACE WEAR THE HOOK GOES

I wonder if they are tubes. I'm assuming they aren't and just pour into a mold. I see they also have the Javalon/LFT Magic Shad as well which is definitely poured into a single sided mold. I've been pouring the Javalon for a while and did quite well with them this summer working them through the pads. The Magic Shad says patent pending on the package but does not show any number. Does anybody have more info on this?

I'd make them even with the patent pending. LFT basically stole the lure design anyways.

I have both the Silly Rabbit from Poor Boys and the Bowfin from Rainbow worms. They are basically the same bait, but the rabbit has some molded markings on the side. Both baits are solid baits with a hook slot like a fluke. Both baits appear to be good baits, but I haven't fished them much yet. I can't get a Basstrix, so I won't comment on how they may be better or worse. The detail in the Basstrix is certainly amazing and is some kind of paint. I would like to paint soft baits like that, but am so far clueless on what kind of paint this is. I don't think it's the LureCraft stuff. The Bowfin and the Rabbit are convential pours. I have designed a weighted hook for both baits and the Magic Shad that we have been testing. Works well.

Steve

Patent pending is a wide open pandoras box. I have a cousin who worked as a patent clerk for many years. Many companies put patent pending on a package before they even apply just to keep infringment low. If they actually get a patent they would then also be entitled to take legal action against any one who infringes on name ect. Most patent infringments don't actually result in lawsuite over coping the product but happen more in legal description and name of product. It is also a fact that over half of companies that tag there packages with patent pending never actually get a patent issued. Why; the product doesn't meet marketing expectations. There are several kinds of patents and in many cases you can actually be looking at thousands of dollars to get a patent. They do not have to list a patent # to put patent pending on the package. But while it tends to be an uninforced rule they are suppose to have the patent process started. Big marketing game is what it comes down to and the chance to litigate if your product takes off and some one else copies it. My cousin said that he has seen patent descriptions where three words came down to a law suite because a compny used the words ''and'' instead of ''or''.

It is rumored that the Japanese "borrowed" the idea from the guy in Texas when he showed them to an angler from overseas.

I have seen the number and you can get taken to task for replicating anything that is patent pending when/if the patent comes through. Some patents take a lot of time to be approved.

I have had patent work done in the past and have done a lot of research myself. Bottom line is.. If you infringe and the company wants to come after you, you are in some serious trouble. If the company prevails, they are awarded 3X damages + court costs, etc. That would be more than most of us make in a lifetime.

The big thing though is, will they come after you. You will probably receive a cease and desist prior to being served.

Also, beware of your packaging and instructions for rigging! Most are copyrighted and that type of infringement is much easier to sue for.

My luck with the Magic Shad's and javallon's has be real poor so they have nothing to worry about down this way!!!

Jim

Thanks guys for talking about our new bait!!! I don't have a chance to get on here much but someone said we were mentioned. The Silly Rabbit is winning tournaments from Michigan to Texas and in California that I know of. You have basically answered all the questions everyone had. If the bait isn't getting the action you want the hook may not be in properly or you are fishing it too fast. We also made 1/4 oz. and 3/8 oz. hook sold separately which are heavier for a faster fall. You can swim the bait faster when using these too.

This week we are starting to sell the Silly Bunny which is a 3 3/4" version. Land Big Fish will have them shortly.

Thanks again!

Kim