Whats more important, paint or action ?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 6_feet_deep

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:56 AM

Hey 6 feet are you a FORD or Chevy guy!! I got the lure your lookin for!!

Whatever will get me to the lake fast :lol:...What lure am I lookin for Tater? ;)

#42 mark poulson

mark poulson

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:32 AM

Geez, my hands hurt just reading about snow!

8lb fish are great where ever you fish, east or west.
The guys who catch big fish out here, I'm talking teens, may go a month without a bite, throwing big swimbaits, depending on the season.
For guys like me, when the conditions are right (rainy and windy) our odds go up, and so we throw the swimbait.
But the dedicated big bass fishermen out here throw big all year, from hot to cold, and from crystal clear to chocolate. They are dedicated, and that's why they catch the monsters they do.
There's a video out, "Big Bait Posse", that the big fish guys from Casitas put together. If you want to see some nice fish caught, take a peek at it. I think it's on sale online at Basstackledepot.com.

#43 Kribman

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:15 AM

I would say flash might be as important as paint or action. A good sharp flash can get almost any fish to bite!

#44 338muskie

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:56 AM

OK I troll mostly muskie. I have one type of lure that catches more muskie them the other. I've got about 10 colors of it. The one color gets more hits them the other. I gotten more of the same color and it still get more hits then eney other color. So I think it has something to do with the color.

338 Muskie

#45 smirkplug

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:36 PM

Dear 338muskie, doesn't that one lure have better action than all your other lures ? If you tried another type of lure with your favorite color would it get bit as much as your one favorite type of lure in a different color ? I hope you have alot of fun deciding and comparing.