finlander

photos of racks for turning lures

Awhile back there were some photos posted of racks made by some baitmakers. It might have gotten lost during the 'dark time':mad: . Could we get some pictures re-posted?? I've used angle iron with holes, with wood pieces on the ends. A rotissierre motor turns the rack. My problem is the rack is 'torqueing/twisting'. I dont make alot, two at a time are all that are on it. A rectangular frame sits across the angle iron. I might have to keep another 'rack' in the frame to help keep it square. Any photos might help me decide to change my setup. Someone might have a new angle, that wasn't listed earlier. Thanks much. the Finn

Thanks. Mine are bigger baits, up to 12". Looking for something that would hold them by the lip. Right now my system holds the lures by the tow eye and the rear eye, using springs and wire. If anyone here is a member of Muskie Inc., there was an article a few seasons ago about Mr Crane in W. Virginia. He had this monster rack in one photo, holding hundreds of lures. They were clamped on the lips. Like two strips of wood that the lips were secured by. That is what I'd like on a much smaller version.

Mine are bigger baits, up to 12". Looking for something that would hold them by the lip.

You can take a look at my rotation wheel in my gallery pics.. Not near as sweet on the eyes as Hazmails but it works--turns 8" to 14" lures all the time..Holds lure by the lip or by a thru-wire in the tail via spring loaded clamps.. Has a chain drive with small sprockets on motor shaft & wheel axle, chain drive allows for "slop" & eliminates any & all binding problems.. It rather large but you could easily downsize to your own needs.. Might give you an idea for your own wheel problems..Good luck~

John~

I saw alot of different types after doing a search on Muskie First's site. Many are using these long springs to hold their lures. Different lengths for different baits. Anyone know a source for these or is there a particular name of this spring I should search for or ask for at a store??? Thanks.