Iwata advice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bassmaster1974

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:18 PM

I am fixing to get an Iwata and I plan on getting the HP C Hi line model.It was between that or the HP C Plus. Both have the .3mm tip and I have been spraying with VL guns with #3 tip/needle. I use createx and auto air most of the time and I was wondering if any of you guys have either of these guns.If so I am just curious about how the .3mm will spray these paints.I see a lot using the eclipse with the .35 but I want to know if I will have problems with the .3 when using paint straight from the bottle?

#2 BobP

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:33 PM

Haven't used Auto Air so can't comment on nozzle size, but IMO the C cup is overkill. The B cup holds plenty for crankbaits and is handier. I put in 4-5 drops in my HP-B+ for details. Half a B cup will coat a whole bass lure twice. Keep your VL for color basecoating and use the Iwata for shading and details.

#3 benton B

benton B

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:30 AM

I think you will run into problems shooting pearls and metallic colors, but everything else should work just fine. I have some problems with the pearls in my eclipse. The taxidermy paints work better for me, you might want to try wildlife colors.