Jump to content


TU Member
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

30 Excellent

About UKandy

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. UKandy

    Gill Detail

    Looks cool man Andy.
  2. it was a good watch though, you don't see too many videos like that explaining the weight points etc, I thought it may help some with getting closer to a decent action if starting out, I'm yet to build a diver, but will be shortly! Andy.
  3. Hi guys, I came across this video today, I found it interesting so I thought I would pass it on. Hope it's useful to someone Andy.
  4. Very cool good information thank you. Andy.
  5. Did the different blade shapes have a different effect on the hunting action? Interesting idea, well done Andy.
  6. How you apply your twist eyes is very interesting, i like that idea Andy.
  7. Interesting take on things Rich, I'm only new to bait making, to be fair I've come into this hobby with a view of making baits 6" plus, my idea was to always do through wire construction, why? Because I see it as a more bulletproof option if someone else is using one of my baits, just a confidence thing maybe, in case the worst should happen. I've seen a few videos testing twist eye strengths & I agree they would take some removing if correctly implemented, I don't know, I just feel it would always be at the back of my mind... the what if it gives and pulls out scenario, is there any
  8. Good point that maybe explained my test results from the other day when the 2 fish went for the lure when it rolled with a side flash! Like this hunting idea! Andy.
  9. So did the companies actually get back to you? Sometimes its about getting to the right people! Best of luck sounds a great bait Andy.
  10. Dave have you a link to your published solution? I would expect it's a good read. Andy.
  11. Yep totally agree with you Big Epp, I'm keeping plenty of notes so will be able to cross reference information. Vodkaman's ballast calculator started me off on the right track, so big thanks to him, I will keep learning and hopefully the next outing may have a fully working lure! I have actually been wondering if I was fishing the lures too aggressively on the rod jerk part of the testing, causing the roll, this again will need to be tested with a more subtle jerk style, I've been that used to fishing the shop bought jerk/gliders I have, it never even crossed my mind. Andy.
  12. Cheers for the info mark I will be making some more test blanks up when my products arrive, so I will give your idea a try, it's always interesting to learn, second time lucky hopefully! Andy
  13. Have you watched this bud, may give you an idea for testing your bait out.
  14. I'm going to have a think about what I can change & then make a few more blanks up in the coming weeks & test them again, I will let you know what happens my friend! I was both happy & deflated after the initial tests it's difficult when you've spent so much time on something. Andy.
  15. Hi guys, as promised, I can now share the first outing results, of my initial resin test blanks. I hope a few of you can give me some guidance moving forward please. The lure blanks that I made are all identical one piece lipless 7" flat sided, rounded edges, jerk/glide baits, the tie eye was placed on the centre line, the belly hook directly on the centre of gravity point & the rear hook on the centre line. Having weighted all 10 of the blanks in differing positions, I found that a 50/50 ballast split front & rear had the closest action to what I was after. The bal
  • Create New...