Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'microwave'.
Hey folks, I am having an issue with my chartreuse-dyed plastisol getting darker as I reheat it in the microwave several time. Here's the rundown: I start of with DO-IT plastisol and dye it with DO-IT 2X chartreuse dye. I then pop it in the microwave until phase change...it looks great! I inject my first rounds of lures and they turn out perfectly. As the plastisol cools in the Pyrex, I have to reheat to keep it from becoming to viscous for the injector to suck up. As I reheat the plastisol, no matter how careful I am with the temps, I always have the problem of the chartreuse darkening over time. It never truly burns, but the just doesn't have that chartreuse pop like the first couple shots had. I've tried adding DO-IT plastisol stabilizer but I don't think that does anything. The only thing I can do to help mitigate the issue is keep adding more dye, which helps, but does't do the whole trick. I was wondering if anyone has had this same issue and found a way to fix it? Is it the brand of plastisol I'm using? Is it simply the nature of a dynamic heating source like a microwave that is too hard to control? I would love to fix this issue if at all possible. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ya'll! Tight Lines
Hello. I am wondering just how harmful it is to use my microwave in my kitchen for melting plastic? I am using green plastic, open the windows, and make sure to never over cook it. I've been cleaning out the microwave after I use it for plastic..... but its also the microwave we use for food. Even if I clean out the microwave am I contaminating the food? I'm "getting around to" buying a plastic only microwave, but even then I don't have an outdoor space to work. How harmful is that? Suggestions? Fan in window? Thanks for your help!