ChadK

Plum Apple

Chad,

If memory serves me right, Zoom made this color. It was a reddish purple, more red than purple, with green and I think gold glitter...I can't remember. Anyway, I mix my colors entirely from scratch using primary colors. So, I would say 3 parts blue + 4 parts red, you may have to adjust a little, but that should be close. The red will be the pivot point as too much will yield cranberry, and too little will yield grape. I can't remember the exact glitter colors...sorry.

Hope this helps...

Nick

Chad,

If memory serves me right, Zoom made this color. It was a reddish purple, more red than purple, with green and I think gold glitter...I can't remember. Anyway, I mix my colors entirely from scratch using primary colors. So, I would say 3 parts blue + 4 parts red, you may have to adjust a little, but that should be close. The red will be the pivot point as too much will yield cranberry, and too little will yield grape. I can't remember the exact glitter colors...sorry.

Hope this helps...

Nick

Dang Nick. Mixing all from the primary colors sounds like quite a tallent. I'm not nearly that talented. I'll see if I can find a pic of it.

I'm not talented at all. It's just basic "mixology"...:lol: I keep a colorwheel in my shop...helps me keep on track with the color I am looking for. I also keep detailed notes on EVERY color combo I make so that I can reproduce it. It seems tedious, but it is well worth it. The QUNANTITY of plastic you use also affects the richness of the color, so keep that in mind...throw salt in the mix and you have yet another factor to contend with. I am very new to this, but the more I pour, the better I get...or at least I think....:teef:

Nick

Good eyes MDC! It is designed after the MadMan craw worm...but if you notice, I made the arms thicker because they always tear off after catching a few bass. I also made the claws larger for a more realistic look and widened the body segment a little to bulk it up. They do work great as a jig trailer, but mostly I use them texas rigged with a 1/4 oz. tungsten weight. I also made a pocket in one of the molds to hold a rattle which seems to work REALLY well in muddy water. I pour a color that is a dark smoke with blue flakes on the body and bright blue claws that the bass here absolutely PULVERIZE in the fall. I discovered this color at the boatlaunch one evening while putting the boat on the trailer. A live crawdad was washed up on the river bank and I picked it up...washed it off with clean water, and took note of the colors. That is the beauty of this hobby...you can pour custom colors made by mother nature herself!:)

Nick

I hear ya Nick. I love it when the bass start spitting up craws in the livewell. If I don't have an exact match that day I will when I go back. This happened in Nov. We were pre-fishing a tournament. The next week we were almost 8lbs ahead of 2nd place with a 5 fish per boat limit.