gunnie3035

Bob's Swimbait Mold Weights

I have tried for months to come up with an alternative weight insert for Bob's 6" swimbait. The brass weight or nickle plated brass insert is just not heavy enough. I've tried just about everything at one time or another. I finally come up with a 1/2oz weight with an 1/8" aluminum tube inside the lead. It fits the mold nice and pours really well. They are a little labor intensive to make, but it works better than a mojo weight. I'm not sure how to resize the pictures. If anyone would like to see them PM me with your email or I can email the pics to someone else and they can post them.

Hey Gunnie....I sent a sample to the Tight Line angler Product sponsors on this site to see what they could do about making a lead version. I wanted them to play with making it heavier and in different weight sizes.

Never heard back from them but I am sure somebody could do them similar in lead.

I had Bob change the insert for me a bit to prevent any slippage. Still have a bag of those brass inserts in the shop... Sold my mold as well though..

Jim

Its OK Chuck as I do not have the mold anymore so I have no need. I sent the samples more than a month ago. Guess they are in a post office somewhere.

I no means was I slighting your company or service. I guess my post should have been worded differently as I did not follow up after selling the mold.

Jim

for the chub e and tiny e ones we make the molds for the weighted inserts out of do it blanks

have them in a combo for the 4 and 5 inch bait and the 8" bait along with a 3" version of the bait.

They will also interchange with the org. baby e and tiny baits you buy at the store.