braveviper

Mold sharing

Just an Idea...Share a mold....I would be willing to send a mold to any member in exchange for one.Not long,maybe a week or two...make a bunch of baits and send it back.This way we can see how great a job these guys do making them, and decide if we want to purchase that mold.Anyone interested?

I am looking for a del-mart 4" senko mold to use for about 2 weeks....I will let them borrow my tapered tube jig mold, 1/16th and 1/32nd oz rounder head mold. I REALLY need to borrow this off someone....I need to make about 800 senkos and want to get as many molds as possible to make it go easier....

If you go through with it you may want a library to rate the users just incase you get someone who doesnt treat your mold to nice or is slow in returning. I like the idea. I always wanted to find someone in my area who pours to share with. The only problem is now Im gonna want to make stuff I dont really need just because molds are avail to swap, doh. Next we can trade wives:teef:. Ill cram mine in a cardboard box asap.

If you are really going to make this work, your going to have to come up with a point man to keep this up to date. I would think the following would have to happen:

1) Set a start date when folks need to have their molds listed to the point man and a good photo of the mold to show it's condition.

2) Put the data collected into a spreadsheet to show where it is and where it's going.

3) Mailing addresses will be PM'd to the shipper. Your going to have to figure out who is paying for the shipping, insurance, those kinds of things.

4) Requester will need to pledge how long the mold will be barrowed. Does there need to be a penalty system?

And this is just the tip of the ice burg...

Hey viper,

I know you're wanting to start a mold sharing/swapping group and I think the tool to do something effective a long that line is finally upon Tackleunderground. There is a new feature called Social Groups that was added during a recent site upgrade. This will allow you to establish a group and invite members to join your group. I think it would be worth taking a look at.