Making Consistent Screw Locks.pdf

Edited by Spike-A-Pike
Minor update by author.

I think I should add a few things because of all the interest. The slot in the screw driver is cut using 1/64 cutting blade in a dremel. Then I put a slightly larger wire than 0.026 wire that I will use. Maybe a 0.030 wire then hit it with a hammer making a cup, so the wire slides in and won't pop out when you twist it. The wire I like to use is the mig welder wire 0.026, with no problem of corrosion yet. Thank you spike-a-pike for helping me make this. If you make this addition too the tutorial magically appear, Thank you again.

I had not worked on this project in some time but as soon as I get a chance it will use the information up date to go a little further.... Using a good old "Hand Drill" keeps popping in my mind when it comes to this subject ??

JSC

I had not worked on this project in some time but as soon as I get a chance it will use the information up date to go a little further.... Using a good old "Hand Drill" keeps popping in my mind when it comes to this subject ??

JSC

While a hand drill would work, it would mean having to mount the aluminum block to keep it from moving because the hand drill required two hands (if your talking about the old egg beater type drill). The nice thing about Kelly's screw lock maker is you can take it into the house and talk or watch tv with the family while you make screw locks. Just food for thought.