Mountain Man 26

How's Jann's Netcraft as a supplier

Have been ordering from them since before they became Janns Netcraft. Used to be separate mail order houses. I have been in the store, in Maumee, Ohio, just below Toledo many times also, most recently about 2 weeks ago on the way back from Port Clinton. They are very helpful and prices are good.

JSC,

I think Finneysports was another supply house. Netcraft sold primarily net making supplies, hence the name. My Great-Grandfather used to order stuff from them. This would have been in the 50s I believe. The catalog fit in your back pocket, about 4" wide X 10" tall X 1/2" thick, give or take. I'm 60 years young and learned to read using their catalog. Anybody else out there remember their catalog????

Tony

Tony

Yep remember the Old Netcraft ... they were around for many years ... Jann's was seperate from them for a while before they became the same company ... so much of Jann's resembels a lot of the old Finnysports and they were from Toledo ...

Just curious

Thanx

JSC

I wouldnt be afraid for one second to purchase a mold from them. If you want to go and compare it to an aluminum mold then they dont compare but your not paying $80.00 and up for a mold either. Plus for a beginner pouring plastics you get the added advantage of watching how your pouring and the plastic is reacting to your pour in the mold. I went from making some pretty crappy pours to some my friends are begging me to make more for them in less than 2 hours. I could not have done that with an aluminunum mold. But they may not hold up to comercial pouring. I have not been doing it long enough to know.

I have been buying from them for 40+ years and never had a problem.I remember excitingly waiting for their pocket size catalog with the latest tackle and fishing gizmos.In the old days they were the only company I knew of that carried "do it your self "fishing supplies.What a vast improvement today with the Tackleunderground for a source of global knowledge and a world wide supply of companies & individuals to buy from.

mr max

40 + years ago .. Netcraft, Reeds, Finnysports, Herters seems like their may have been a couple of more .. Senior Moment .. Mold Makers Amet, .. oh me blank again . but there was another ..

Stir up the Gray Cells (not Gray Hair or as some would say "What Hair"?)

Later

JSC

Mr Max,

Would just like to say "Amen" to what you said. What part of the North Coast? Took 2 of my grandkids, age almost 5 and almost 10 up there last month. Stayed at East Harbor state campground. Didn't get a lot of fishing in. They would rather play on the beach. Did get the little one tied into about a 4 1/2 lb. Smallmouth. It was big enough it scared me when it jumped.

Tony