Lincoya

**SCAM** Warning about 86th St. Photo & Video

On July 8th, I found a great price (or so I thought) on a new Nikon S600 from 86th Street Photo & Video online. The price was listed on their website for $75-$100 less than the average retail price offered from other online companies. So, I ordered the camera. Shortly thereafter I received an e-mail confirming my order with a note stating:

never buy any cameras/electronics through ebay or online cause its not like you can go into the store and kick there #$$. I paid 200 bucks more for my cannon with alot less accesories and bought it local just because of this.

Online though I do trust Dell Computers, they also sell cameras and Tvs and they are just as cheap as places on ebay and online. My wifes lap top is from Dell and we have had no issues and when we needed something for it it was fixed immediatly.

I am a manager at a best buy and although I would love everyone to shop with us I realize that isnt quite possiable. However I have had customer pay thousands for tvs and other equipment from that 1st site along with a few others run by the same folks and ended up getting broken/used equipment...heck I have even had some that never got anything other than a bill....Always buy from brick and mortar...most the times they will offer some type of price match.

B&H Photo, Adorama, and Ritz about the only online vendors one should ever deal with when it comes to camera, video, etc... I typically have used B&H and have bought over a grand of stuff from them with no problems ever. Many I know have used these three and spent 10k or more and never had any problems.

Just Google 86th st. camera - Google Search and read the first 3 or 4 items on the page. Someone had $259 charged to there account for a battery they didn't order.

I have purchased a Rebel XTI from Abe's of Maine and another camera and lens from BuyDig.com and was very pleased with my purchases, delivery time and price. I have found that the reviews off of Google Product Search are a reliable indication of the type of company you are dealing with.

B&H seems to have a 5 star rating every where I look, must be a good company.