Three6

So many to choose from.

Has anyone used a Powercat, Galaxy or Airbrush City airbrush. They are cheaper than Badger and Iwata. Im just starting out so I don't need some professional quality brush and don't thinking im going to be painting tricked out flaming skulls. Just simple stuff. I'm looking for some input from someone who used them and do they do a good job.

Sounds good for $240. Let me know how everything works cause I was going to go with Airbrush city also. Have you got everything hooked up and working good? Im going to be painting shirts so im going with the single mini compressor. Dont want to blow the shirts away.

I too started out with airbrush city. I have two GD 100's and I love them. I also bought the compressor but it gave up the ghost after 18 months. I now have an Iwata compressor(Hobby Lobby 40% coupon). I also have an Iwata airbrush but I find myself using the GD 100 about 99% of the time. Good airbrushes for the money. They have also been very patient with me on the phone and quick with all my orders. I have been pleased so far. JMHO

BJ

I got the 2006 GF from Airbrush City, and then a couple months later I got a top-notch Badger airbrush, both have same specs and features. So far the only difference that I've noticed is that the badger needles are a little more stout, and the badger trigger is more comfortable if you are using it for long periods. As far as performance, the badger is DEFINITELY less finicky about getting clogged with paints like pearls and metal flake paints. Other than that, I'm still too much of an airbrush rookie to notice a difference yet. Hope that helps.

Alex

you can also try ebay. go to ebay and search the stores for TCPGlobal/autobodydepot. I've gotten a couple of AB's from them for about $50. They even have the air control below the needle. There not Iwata, but I like 'em, and for $50 verses $300 to $400 for one similar, you can't beat 'em. they have compressor kits too. I have an Iwata comp from Hobby Lobby, but I use a $90 cheapo husky from home depot. works great for me, and I can air my tires up with it too...lol.....

Jay

Well I think I'll go with airbrush city. Going to go with a combo kit, comes with a mini compressor, 1404 and a GD102 brushers for about $125. I looked on ebay, this Galaxy airbrush from TCPGlobal for $70 looks pretty good.

Edited by redg8r
Please dont post eBay links on the forums.