pigdestroyer

Presto Pot Stirrer

The motor that came with a pot I bought has a speed control on it. I am not sure of the mfg, but I will look when I get home. I don,t have any spec sheets for it but the name plate should have some info on it. I am in the process of making a stirrer with high temp silicon paddles. Tonite I will be finishing the shaft and motor stand and will take some pics when it gets done.

Zbass

"I just dont want that motor to ever go out. That is the key I tell ya! I usually dont leave it on 100% of the time when pouring. Every other mold or so turn it on for a mold or so.... Just enough to keep things stirred"

-------------------------------------------

Got to thinking about the cutting the motor off and restarting.

Just a few random thoughts and I stand to be corrected if wrong.

I believe that stopping and restarting the motor will actually cut the life of the motor. For one thing the stirring paddle is loaded which makes for a harder start. While sitting idle the heat is rising from the plastic and not being blown back down by the fan and the motor maybe getting hotter sitting idle this way.

Maybe some one else has some other thoughts on this.

JSC

35 + Grainger 1LNGL motors in use since January 2008, Zero failures so far. I put an on off switch in all the pots but hear most people including I just leave it on till we're down to the last bit of pourable plastic " enought for about 4 -5" sticks" I turn it off so the plastic drains toward the drain valve. I recommend a slight angle to the entire stand or motor not much, maybe 1/4" on a foot.

For an $80.00 motor with a 1 year warranty we cant go wrong.

Edited by mbroggi1

Yes, the blades are angled slightly. I think that I may want a little more though. I also have a second set of paddles that have some holes in them. They are interchangable. The height of the paddles and the pot itself are also adjustable. I did that for cleaning and larger molds.

Zbass

P.S. Kajan, it still pales in comparison to your cadillac of a set up. I am still waiting for mine to arrive.:lol:

Edited by Zbass

I just received my first Presto Pot from Mike Broggi. This is the best well designed and engineered Pot I have seen. It works fantastic. The stirrer is incredible and fit perfect to the pot. All Mikes time testing has really paid off. Thanks Mike.

+ 1 for Mike. He's put the time in and has cut through alot of the trial and error for us.

P.S. Kajan, it still pales in comparison to your cadillac of a set up. I am still waiting for mine to arrive.:lol:

Thanks again Zbass, But I am puzzled, the one I sent still has'nt arrived yet????????/

Humm, you know, freight pass's in front of that other fellas house dat lives in La., I think his name is Bear, I bet he hi jacked it. Check with him :lolhuh::teef: