drof99

Upper hand scents

Well I've got several other questions. I didn't want to clog up the other thread I started so here we go. I've heard of several of you that use these. I'm looking at getting some other scents to add to my baits. I didn't see a contact email or number. I think the guy is a member also. I've got a couple questions. Is there a certain scent that is used to add to bait? I thought I saw something that one was used for adding to completed baits. Is there a difference between the two? What are your guy's favorite scent to use from them?

I have used an UPPER HAND scent IN my plastic and ON my plastic for over 5 years now. You can't go wrong with Doug's products and he is a heck of a guy!!!!

I believe all Doug's scents are oil based now so they can go in or on with no issue.

As a precaution, be sure not to use a water based scent IN your hot plastic like BANG..... You plastic will bubble and might go BANG....

Jim

Upper Hand is good stuff. They are great people to work with also. My last order leaked about 1/2 the contents in the box during shipping and within 2 days there was my replacement bottle. Great customer service if you ask me. Highly recommended and I wouldn't hesitate to do more business with them.

Not to mention thier Hawg Sauce and Anise is awsome!!

Guys,

I sponsor a Pro named Mike White on the Bassmaster tour

and he just sent me an update of what happened last

weekend during the Bassmaster Southern Open on the

Harris Chain of Lakes-FL., he placed 9th overall and cut

a check for nearly $7K!.

In his note, he said, without the Upper Hand Scent-Marinades

I WOULD NOT HAVE HAD THE FISH I HAD!!!!!

He used a Venom black finesse worm and had it sauced in

Coffee Shad....he also used Hawg n Garlic during the tournament.

He mentioned his co-angler was using the same technique

and could not catch a fish....after he got his limit he gave the

guy a coffee jacked worm and the guy caught a bass.

He said the bass were slow to bite and once they did, he needed

them to hang on a few seconds to set the hook, he said he knows

the bass hung on because of the Coffee Shad scent!

Best part of this whole scenario is that Mike is such a great guy and

well deserving of a good finish like he had, I am glad the scents gave

him the edge he needed to make some Ca$h!!!.

He also mentioned that several pro's came up to him and he

told them about Upper Hand Scents...How cool is that!!!

ONE OTHER NOTE: I have just introduced Coffee n Anise and

it is selling extremely well....A huge thanks to Brian Horlings

@ Bucketmouth Lures for the great suggestion!!!!

I will be introducing a new clear based Hawg Sauce for

translucent/lighter colored pours in the very near future.

Also look for Herring Oil down the line.

Doug

Thanks for all the replies guys. I've had to stuff for awhile now and just got to pour a few with it. Man that stuff is stinky. I got the Hawg & Garlic. I might be ordering some of the coffee some listening to you guys. I can't wait to try this stuff out on the water.

I just got my Upperhand Scents today and LOVE THEM!! Order shipped on Thur. They have great shipping as we are usually a day behind normal out here in BFE. The coffe/anise is a very interesting smell. The garlic is great and the hawg/anise will knock your socks off. IMO the craw/anise smells a lot like berkley PB. Can't wait to fish these. Just waiting on soft water.

Thanks Upperhand!

Thanks Jim!!!

That idea is patented I believe? I googled it awhile back

and noticed someone making them like we talked about.

I don't remember what Company it was, but I am pretty sure

the idea is out and about now.....oh well.

I 'll check into it again though and see what comes up-who knows?

-Doug

My note from the patent search guy was that our idea was in the public domain for so long that it was a public idea now and we could proceed whenever. A patent could not be issued on the idea now. He just suggested to copyright the directions on the usage and packaging so that that info could not be infringed upon....

Jim

Just a note to all you guys that I am in the process of making a new scent for 2012. I have had many guys ask for this combination, one being my Pro Staffer: Mike White, who took a year off from competitive bass fishing, but will be back on the B.A.S.S. circuit this coming season. Mike asked me to make this combination as he stumbled upon the idea by accidentally mixing the two together. I have had other clients asking for the same combination, so it was time to get it going. JAVA 'N GARLIC will be available by January 1st, 2012. This past Spring we launched Toad Magnet which is a Anise & Garlic combination and it did extremely well, so many positive catches and comments...thanks A video will be out on Toad Magnet within the next month or so via you tube.

Scent-i-tude for Soft Plastics!!!

Doug

Upper Hand Scents www.upperhandscent.com http://www.upperhandscent.com

Dubs Chops: I can't believe I didn't notice your post from a ways back, here's your answer: The Grape Shad is a throwback type scent. Mann's has the fruit flavor baits ( Jelly Worms ) which they still make today. I don't know what it is about the fruity scents, but bass like them and that's what counts! I've thought about making Cherry and Blackberry, etc... type scents, but the Grape Shad really fills that fruity bait need. The "New " Java Garlic is in stock as we speak and my Pro Staffer Mike White is shooting a video this week on Lake George in Florida with the new scent. I can't wait to see the footage!! Happy New Year to everybody. Doug