SWO

Clamping 2 piece molds together

The rubber bands are the ultimate chris,There easy and quick to take off,I might ad I cut some wood blocks the size of the mold and sandwich them then wrap the bands around,Over time you,ll find if you dont the bands will cut into the plaster,chip it and it also cuts the rubber bands,i cut the wood from 1/2 inch stock and rounded the edges as not to cut the bands,You can find some nice large rubber bands on some of the plaster mold sites for yard ornaments and such,thats all they use for their heavy molds and they are of better quality,Higher rubber content and will last a long time,You can even find them on ebay once and a while,youll find the cheaper brown bands dont last long,get the large red rubber bands:)

Zib - Thats exactly what I use... shop clamps. I found a large 10-pc set of high quality clamps at a yard sale for $5. I'll use 4 clamps for the big molds and 2 for the smaller molds. I haven't used plywood backing yet and so far I haven't damaged any molds.

Zib - Thats exactly what I use... shop clamps. I found a large 10-pc set of high quality clamps at a yard sale for $5. I'll use 4 clamps for the big molds and 2 for the smaller molds. I haven't used plywood backing yet and so far I haven't damaged any molds.

I use the same thing only I get mine at the dollar store. 2 large for $1 or 3 small for $1.

They work just fine. Quick to go on and off.

www.novalures.com

I just put two bolts into the mold when i press in my bait. I then slip a straw over the remaining threads so the top half will separate from the bottom easier. I use two washers and wing nuts to hold the mold together. This is nice because i don't have a bunch of stuff laying around and i skip the marble step.

richard

i use the method siubass mentioned but i coat the exposed bolt thread with vasaline.the mold top slides right off .

now if you use the clamps that is mentioned in this thread be careful not to clamp were the mold is thin due to the cavity of the bait i had one crack a few years back so i agree the thin plywood between the clamp would help

I can set up and de mold my molds using rubberbands just as fast as with a clamp,ive been doing it for a few years now,i also think the clamps will ruin and crack your molds in the long run,too much pressure on a small confined area,i did try clamping several at a time and thats worse yet,all the pop and durhams molds are not tru and flat and you will crack them this way,The band method is still even used today by all the ceramic companies and there is a reason for it,It saves your molds ,makes them last longer and bands seal each mold much better than a clamp!:P