red sox 58

Can you put a regulator on a compressor without a tank?

Red- Yes , but any pressure above what you want would be vented, causing the compressor to run continuous (same as without a regulator). It would be easy to attach a tank, and regulator, this way it will cycle on and off, and you get your desired pressure and no noise and less wear.pete

I have a tankless Badger airbrush compressor with auto on/off. It works fine with a standard pressure regulator and cuts on/off at any setting. How it all works in concert? Search me! Maybe the answer depends on the specific pressure switch your regulator uses, but I'd buy a regulator from a local home center and try it. If it doesn't work, just return it.

My compressor runs and doesn't cut off until I cut it off. I guess the compressor will be all right because when I'm not using the gun it still runs any way. I was just worried about the motor burning up, but if it does then I have a legit reason to get a new one :) you guys are a lot of help. How much does th stuff usually run to plumb one?