Wooly

Hidden eye brush jig

anyone tried this jig yet? Is i a good flipping jig?

I sold quite a few to some guys in South Carolina, Tenn. and Texas. I asked them for their replies. The answers were all very favorable. Color was a very big factor, along with the heavier jigs being fished deeper.

Sorry if this is duplicated...having some issues getting the post to take...:mad: (new at this)

Got my mold 2 weeks ago. Pours well. I use pins and glue after curing and I have 2 issues/complaints.that the guards don't stand away from the hook quite far enough for my liking. Since I have to drill out the hole after curing, I just adjust the angle about 1/16-1/8" then. The other is, the lighter jig doesn't stand up as well as the heavier ones do on hard bottom surfaces. Used a floating craw and that solved the problem. I know it isn't a stand-up jig, but has some of those properties and the others seem to do it pretty well.

I haven't had anyone try them yet--water is a little hard here, but I used in my aquarium and couldn't get it snagged up on anything. The goldfish didn't seem to turned on by it but...:lol:

Anyone know how well it sheds weeds? Seemed like it would end up being a good multi-purpose jig with the hidden eye and I cant test that part until spring.

Hope this helps!

Steve

Edited by Stagio

If someone want to send me a few in the 1/2 to 3/4 range I can test them. We fish rock jettys in the ocean and its about as nasty as it gets. Im kicking around getting a mold as well. So far we have been very happy with a version of the arkie made locally that has better keepers for plastic. Ive bugged do-it a few times for a heavier arkie mold to no avail.

If someone want to send me a few in the 1/2 to 3/4 range I can test them. We fish rock jettys in the ocean and its about as nasty as it gets. Im kicking around getting a mold as well. So far we have been very happy with a version of the arkie made locally that has better keepers for plastic. Ive bugged do-it a few times for a heavier arkie mold to no avail.

What type of fish are you catching and how are you rigging your jigs?

RFdong,

Its the 1/4 oz that I noticed this with. I was able to solve the issue by using a trailer with floating craw claws. Not sure what kind it is, I found it laying in the bottom of my tacklebox with no bag. It stood up fine on soft bottom areas but when I tried to get it to stand on the large rock in my acquarim is when I noticed a few probs. Still a good jig though and by design, I think it will be EXCELLENT for flipping. Still haven't been able to test in grass so I cannot comment on that yet.

This head was designed to deflect off of cover, not necessarily stand up. It was just a nice benefit.

I fished them last year. They are outstanding. You are correct that the 1/4 ounce doesn't stand up well with heavy trailers. It's impossible to have 1/4 ounce of lead counteract a big trailer. The other five sizes do fine. I made some 1/4 ounce with bucktail and rabbit strip claws and they stood up perfect and caught a lot of Smallmouth.

This head is about as weedless as you can get. It's my new favorite weedless for all applications.